Avocado Toast with Tomato and Sprouts
- 2 slices of whole grain or gluten free bread
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, sliced in half
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 ¼ inch slices of heirloom tomato
- 2 tablespoons broccoli sprouts
- 1/2 lemon
- Sprinkle of salt and black pepper
- Toast the bread on the medium setting on a toaster or toast under a broiler in the oven, keeping a close eye on it so it does not burn.
- Drizzle the olive oil on each slice of toast and rub the cut side of the garlic clove on the toast (save the garlic clove for another meal).
- Split the avocado in half and use the side without the pit. Keep the pit in the other half of the avocado and place in the refrigerator to use for another meal. Using a spoon, carefully remove the half avocado and place it cut side down on a cutting board.
- Slice the avocado long ways in thin slices.
- Divide avocado slices in ½, fan them and place on each slice of toasted bread.
- Place tomato slices on top of avocado, top with broccoli sprouts, squeeze a little lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.