Reduce Your Exposure to Toxins in Everyday Life
Using expert videos, animation, text, and interactives, the Environment Module of the Anticancer Lifestyle Program will give you tools to make informed and wise purchasing decisions, in order to reduce your exposure to toxins common in daily living.
The Anticancer Environment section of our course rests on the Precautionary Principle, which means taking preventive action in the face of uncertain harm, until a substance has been proven harmless.
The information we provide you with in the Environment Module will:
- Teach you about the types and sources of toxins in common home cleaning, cooking, and personal care products
- Explain the links of various common chemicals to cancer and other disorders
- Help you choose products that are healthier for you, your family, and the environment, by providing you with practical solutions and replacement options
- Explain how to do your own basic research, including reading and understanding labels and searching online databases
- And so much more!
- Each course module has its own Toolkit to help you continue to develop your Anticancer Lifestyle
Over 87,000 chemicals are listed with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Only 200 have been thoroughly tested for toxicity safety for humans, and only 1350 have been tested as carcinogens (cancer-causing agents).
While it would be impossible to rid our lives of every known toxin, we can at the very least learn how to make wiser purchasing decisions with the goal of minimizing our daily exposures. Knowledge is power.