Grilled Lemon Oregano Chicken with Grilled Broccoli Spears
Garlicky Lemon Oregano Marinade
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic (approx. 8 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs or 4 chicken breasts
- 2 pounds broccoli (approx. 2 bunches)
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari, coconut aminos or soy-sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 lemon, juices and zested
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Mix all ingredients for the marinade together except the chicken. Reserve a fourth of the marinade for serving with cooked chicken. Pour remaining marinade over chicken and massage into meat. Marinade chicken for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Trim off the fibrous bottom half of the broccoli stem, then quarter broccoli head to resemble small trees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients, add in broccoli and toss to coat evenly.
- To make your grill non-stick, cut an onion in half and rub it on the hot grill.
- Place the marinated chicken on one half of the grill, sprinkle with salt and cook for 7-8 minutes, drizzle more marinade and flip chicken. Cook for another 7-8 minutes or until juices run clear. If the chicken breasts are really thick it may take longer to cook (approx. 10 minutes per side).
- While chicken is cooking palace broccoli on the other half of the grill. Grill broccoli until knife-tender and slightly charred, flipping every 2 minutes and basting with any remaining sauce. Total cook time is approx. 8-10 minutes.
- Slice chicken into 1-inch slices and serve with broccoli and reserved marinade.