We asked Margaret Fletcher, Certified Mindfulness Instructor, a series of questions related to Mindset and how it impacts our health. Every month, Deborah answers questions from our audiences during our Learning Circle. For this Learning Circle, she covered the following questions:
- I’ve found it harder to practice during this past COVID year. Is that normal?
- Sometimes when I sit quietly, it seems like all the “bad stuff” comes up in my mind. What do I do when it seems like practicing is making me feel worse?
- Can meditation help me sleep better?
- Can stress cause cancer?
- I have a very stressful relationship with my boss. During meetings with her, I feel a knot in my stomach. I worry about the effect of this on my health. What do you recommend?
- How do you shut your brain off to meditate?