Leafy greens are an essential part of the Anticancer Diet, but can be challenging to incorporate in sufficient volumes. Smoothies are an easy way to consume a healthy dose of fresh vegetables that doesn’t require excessive preparation or cleanup. Watch this short video by our registered dietician, Traci Komorek, to learn how to make delicious and nutritious green smoothies in just a matter of minutes!
- Kale (approximately 2 handfuls)
- Fresh ginger root (grate about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 orange
- ½ lime
- ½ organic apple
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¾ small banana, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup of ice (or organic milk or yogurt to help liquify)
- Remove stems from kale and add to blender.
- Squeeze half lime and whole orange directly into blender.
- Add remaining ingredients to blender.
- Blend and enjoy!