Citrus Berry Roasted Chicken with Eggplant
Citrus Berry Marinade
- 1 grapefruit, juiced
- ½ orange, zested and juiced
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cups fresh berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, cherries)
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 whole jalapeno (optional)
- ¼ salt and pepper
- 4 chicken breasts or thighs
Eggplant, carrots, tomatoes
- 2 medium eggplants
- 8 small carrots or 4 large carrots
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a bowl and submerge chicken in marinade. Marinate chicken for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Once chicken is marinated, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare the eggplant by cutting it in half lengthwise, and then into quarters, again length-wise.
- Prepare carrots. If using small carrots, cut in half lengthwise. If using larger carrots cut into quarters long ways.
- Sprinkle salt on both the eggplant flesh and carrots.
- Rub the bottom of a large roasting pan with a little bit of oil. Place the eggplant in the pan, skin side up.
- Arrange the carrots around the eggplant then add the marinade and chicken (if chicken has skin, place it skin-side up). Arrange the cherry tomatoes around the chicken.
- Roast the dish, basting with pan juices halfway through cooking, for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.