We asked Ananda Kaplan, Chef and Nutritionist, a series of questions related to Cooking and how it impacts our health. Every month, Ananda answers questions from our audiences during our Learning Circle. For this Learning Circle, she covered the following questions:
- What are your recommendations for quick & nutritious foods?
- What is the best way to cook beans from scratch and make them taste good
- Cooking tips to reduce inflammation?
- Is spray cooking oil (like Pam) bad for you?
- Dairy and red meat: Are they harmful to cancer survivors?
- Should you be oil-free if you have cancer?
- What are the health benefits of flax seeds?
- What is your opinion on dairy consumption?
- How long should you soak beans, grains, and rice? What are the benefits of doing so?